Sunday, January 24, 2010

Grapefruit on My Mind

I found a random grapefruit in my backyard when I was doing my yardwork last week. I guess it wouldn't be random at all if I had a grapefruit tree, or if any of my neighbors had a grapefruit tree, but we don't. I believe it must have dropped from the sky, or, from the talons of a very large hawk. I don't like grapefruit much, since it's nothing at all like grapes, but it was nice to get a present from the sky anyway.

Lucky for you, I refuse to create an inspiring analogy from this event. It's just a grapefruit, of unknown origin.

4 comments:

Signe said...

You are so funny! I was expecting a long story about this grapefruit and how it relates to your driving conditions during a storm. :) But-alas, no such comparison's!

The Crider Clan said...

I LOVE Grapefruit...with lots of salt! I know, but that's the way my dad taught me to eat it...and you know how that goes! Funny story!

ConnieB said...

talons. bahahahaha! You are a crack up.

Kent and Jan said...

Our bet is that Susannah dropped it there. She LOVES grapefruit, having been taught how to eat it by her Grandpa (lots of salt).